Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Recovering deleted files from an android phone

Author 

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 15 10:27 am    Post subject: Recovering deleted files from an android phone Reply with quote

My friend has deleted a load of images from her phone. It looks like there are some .tec files still left in camera cache. I've done some reading and it looks like it might be possible to rebuild some of the data from what's there, in some sort of complicated data-dump-to-a-computer kind of way.

My head is full of other stuff and I can't manage it - can anyone help? Or does anyone know anyone who can help? I think she would be prepared to pay - it's images of her kids.

Pilsbury

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 15 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth checking if they have backed up to google cloud.
I found all my photos nicely catalouged in there when i eventually explored all the google stuff android links you to.

Pilsbury

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 15 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked and if you go to apps on the phone, looks like lots of white boxes, and then look for a multicoilurd windmill shape with photos under it, open it up and see if thry have auto backed up

chez

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 15 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Pilsbury. She must be the only person in the world who doesn't have it set up automatically . Just getting her to do it for the future. I am now trying to restore the files on her computer

Pilsbury

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 15 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth a try, is she signed up to dropbox?
My pics are auto saved there as well, belt snd braces approach here lol

James

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 15 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

android deletes fully, not a soft delete. you can install an app that puts deleted items into a waste basket first. But if that's not installed , and it's not backed up to the cloud, then their gone. I had a similar thing and tried for a while to recover files I'd deleted. I couldn't. (I turn off as much of the google stuff as possible)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive