Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Mushroom ID Please

Author 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 15 4:49 pm    Post subject: Mushroom ID Please Reply with quote

These are growing in grass, they're pure white all over and smell lovely (mushroomy)

Click to see full size image

jamanda
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 15 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know. They aren't looking like anything obviously edible to me.

dpack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 15 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant id the beasts either.the ring is a bit unusual for shrooms that shape and colour.

not food unless proven otherwise

Falstaff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 15 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my books refers to something poisonous, which could (just) be confursed with Fairy Ring Champignons by a determined idiot - iirc the gills were closely packed and the thing was white.

It Could just be that - but I certainly wouldn't be eating those !

tahir

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 15 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Saw some fly agaric today

dpack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 15 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tahir wrote:
Thanks guys. Saw some fly agaric today

would you like some good recipes for those?

Falstaff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 15 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do the Laplanders do it dpack ?

Just raw ?

dpack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 15 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scabs off,dry the caps for 12 months to allow for carboxilation of a couple of the moody alkaloids into more benign compounds and test them by starting with a small amount(as they are very variable in content) is the siberian shamanic way.
it does avoid the worst of the toxic effects but they are not among my shamanic substances of choice as they are a bit one dimensional while in the dream time and the bouncy wake up or wake up feeling dreadful seems a bit unpredictable.
similar to cane toads but less hoppy.

im not too sure about the lappland legends of using a reindeer to "filter" the product i half suspect they were having a laugh with foolish strangers who might be encouraged to follow a reindeer with a mug.

Falstaff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 15 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm ! Seems like a lot of clat to go through in preparation, when it is reported by those who know far more than we, that a person would need to eat 70 kg of Fly Agaric before coming to any real harm !

dpack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 15 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a big difference between real harm(and i recon far less than 70 kg would cause real harm) and a safe but mostly unpleasant few days.
personally i prefer no harm and a minimum of vomiting with some sweaty trippy coma,some more vomiting and feeling dreadful for a while before feeling great.
that is based on a fair bit of experience.

alternatively there is a nice cup of hot chocolate or a huge selection of other intoxicants

im not keen on the things nor is anyone else i know who has tried them.perhaps they are worth trying for the knowledge that they are a bit of a hard road .
much like a few of the south american ayescu brews and the "snuff of madness" there are good reasons A.M are not popular even if properly prepared.

there are quite a few shrooms and other psychoactive/ shamanistic botanicals and critter based substances that are safer,far nicer and much less toxic(if properly prepared and used at a suitable dosage).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive