Latest Articles
Plans for 2016
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Author 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 15 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuff sensible ,im planning to have fun

otatop

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 16 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Limited space, so I'm sticking with the tried and tested:- toms, runner beans, garlic, chillies, radishes, chard, herbs. I'll do gherkins instead of cucumbers though - better for the piccalilli. I have to get to grips with pruning the new espaliered apples, and I WILL be brutally firm about re-claiming space in MY shed this year.

wellington womble

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 16 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm dithering about a polytunnel. I have the space, but it needs a bit of maintaining. Probably I should get rid of the abandoned vehicles first. (Except they aren't really mine to dump) Not to mention cut down the undergrowth.

Jb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 16 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have plans if I had the time to have plans. As it is, short of a miracle and a time machine, anything I plan is just doomed to disappointment.

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 16 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB wrote:
I would have plans if I had the time to have plans. As it is, short of a miracle and a time machine, anything I plan is just doomed to disappointment.

Hey, you built a terrific shed/playhouse thing. Unless I'm confusing you with someone else.

Jb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 16 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sean:1455852"][quote="JB:1455851"]I would have plans if I had the time to have plans. As it is, short of a miracle and a time machine, anything I plan is just doomed to disappointment.[/quote]

Hey, you built a terrific shed/playhouse thing. Unless I'm confusing you with someone else.[/quote]

That was when I had time. Right now the fences are falling down, the gardens a bog and I've had to resort to contractors and gardeners neither of which I can afford and the use of which just leaves me feeling useless

Bodrighy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 16 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To continue to be thankful for my life, enjoy the good things and learn from any negative ones. Sounds twee but sorry, that's it.

pete

Slim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 16 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB wrote:
sean wrote:
JB wrote:

Hey, you built a terrific shed/playhouse thing. Unless I'm confusing you with someone else.

That was when I had time. Right now the fences are falling down, the gardens a bog and I've had to resort to contractors and gardeners neither of which I can afford and the use of which just leaves me feeling useless

Maybe 2016 is the year to downsize the gardens?

Or put in no-nonsense, no-upkeep plants?

chez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 16 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB wrote:
sean wrote:
JB wrote:

Time is my shortest resource, too. At the end if the day none of it matters a damn so long as you are all healthy and happy. Easier said than done, obviously .

gz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 16 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Survive house move
Keep the Pirate from feeling down and carrying the world on his shoulders
Get workshop working
Wrangle finances, spend less , sell more
Get website updated and sorted to sell from there as well as Etsy
Grow food
Design unfitted kitchen for new home

oh, and keep riding our bikes....

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 16 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to do then Gz. All the best with it. I keep trying to get some semblance of order into the garden when I have the chance. I still have to get some small birch trees felled for the tops and make sure the ground is clear so they will coppice, make log sacks for the rest of the winter, help with log loads, make some besoms and try to do some other crafts, then prepare for charcoal making before Easter.

Shan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 16 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm scaling back on variety and concentrating on what actually works in our garden. I will also be trying to get loads of compost for the raised beds. A general clean up is also on the cards.

wellington womble

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 16 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm over-planning, overwhelmed and under-prepared. It seems to be an integral part of my personality. I'm totally incapable of being realistic about what I can achieve, especially in the garden

Aquaponics, anybody? (I haven't planted my spring bulbs yet!!)

chez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 16 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should start keeping quail, in a convenient cage set up

Shan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 16 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wellington womble wrote:
I'm over-planning, overwhelmed and under-prepared. It seems to be an integral part of my personality. I'm totally incapable of being realistic about what I can achieve, especially in the garden

Aquaponics, anybody? (I haven't planted my spring bulbs yet!!)

I used to do that but with the cost of seeds these days and the uphill battle that is my garden, I am learning to be practical.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive