Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
budget publications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Author 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 17 2:08 pm    Post subject: budget publications Reply with quote

linky

dpack analysis says " as expected, rearranging a few deckchairs, creating a few hymn sheets for folk to sing from and pretending the current course is not heading for an iceberg and most of all not mentioning that the coal bunkers are on fire"

gz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 17 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly

gz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 17 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 17 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I haven't heard a lot about it, I certainly haven't heard that it is going to be good for ordinary people.

Shan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 17 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not with NIC going up for the self-employed and tax free dividend allowance reduced. Ironically, HMRC don't make much more from these measures but I'm willing to bet that for the self-employed, it's the difference between keeping their head afloat and drowning.

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 17 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shan wrote:
Not with NIC going up for the self-employed and tax free dividend allowance reduced. Ironically, HMRC don't make much more from these measures but I'm willing to bet that for the self-employed, it's the difference between keeping their head afloat and drowning.

It may be a cunning ploy: put it in in order to withdraw it in response to pubic opinion, thus proving they are a government that listens...

Shan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 17 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it.... they neither listen nor care.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 17 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see that going down well either Shan. First they encourage people to go self employed, then they get them with NI increases. I can't see it going down too well in our coppice group, as most of them are self employed. We decided to go for limited company when we set up, for various reasons, and have stuck with it as it suits the way we work, so luckily we won't be affected by that.

Nick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 17 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm might get a job in your coppice group. The changes mean an average cost of 60p a week for those making over £16,000 profit. Doesn't sound like an awful deal. I was always assured that working the land was terribly remunerated, but it appears I've been mislead.

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 17 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the NI thing has been "postponed" so the hairyone might be correct that it was a small distraction from the overall patterns and themes they have established over the last term and a bit.

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 17 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpack wrote:
the NI thing has been "postponed" so the hairyone might be correct that it was a small distraction from the overall patterns and themes they have established over the last term and a bit.

Had to happen eventually.

Shan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 17 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpack wrote:

I think that was more about the fact that 100 Tory MPs and the tabloid press were feeling particularly 'exercised' about it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive