Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Pls Recommend - Good Documentaries on Green Subjects.
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Author 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 12 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 12 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it, but The End of Suburbia is supposed to be very striking. I haven't looked in to it as it sounds scary.

We love Martin Crawford's Year in a Forest Garden although I am not sure that's exactly what you are looking for. Good inspiration for your veg plot though.

You may already know but https://www.green-shopping.co.uk/dvds.html (shopping site from Permaculture magazine) has a lot of films along these lines. You may be able to request some of them via your library service so you would only need to spend a couple of £ to watch them rather than buying unseen, or if you have a local Transition / sustainability group, etc, they sometimes show films along these lines as part of their gatherings, or may even have a library of their own for members.

Hope that's a start for you.

Tavascarow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 12 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a great series on a few years ago about different aspects of sustainable farming & it's available on u-tube but I've forgot the name.
Young woman from farming family in Devon, someone here on DS will remember.
Not documentary but maybe worth browsing.
https://www.youtube.com/user/paulwheaton12
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUrbanFarmingGuys
U-tube is a great place to find any amount of green info.
Just use the search function.

dean_butler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 12 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the recommendations. Will check them out for sure. This is a great site with great people. Very good info

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 12 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steady on there.

This might also be interesting if you don't get the email updates: https://www.permaculture.co.uk/articles

dean_butler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 12 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Am I being too enthusiastic

I'm just really into documentaries on things about environment. Anything from recycling, road protests, gardening.

Basically green topics. Are there any good greenpeace vids? I remember back in 1998 when I was 18 going to the Big Green Gathering and greenpeace had a tent showing documentaries of things people where doing to help. Would love to properly see them but didn't ever see anything more after that. Have had look on YouTube but only a documentary of how greenpeace started an it wasn't that good.

Please keep on listing recomendations as would love to have some interesting entertainment ready for the winter to hopefully put some into practice in the summer.

tim_and_nicky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 12 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not exactly green as such but I have recently bought the victorian garden series first shown in the 90s I think.
Harry Dodson is a star
https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Victorian-Garden-Series-DVD/dp/B000GW8TDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349525910&sr=8-1

It is wonderful all the traditional methods, you can go for just the veggie garden one, or the whole series with the kitchen and flower dvd's as well

Tavascarow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 12 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavascarow wrote:
There was a great series on a few years ago about different aspects of sustainable farming & it's available on u-tube but I've forgot the name.

Farn for the future.

dean_butler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 12 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys. Going to look into these links now.

dean_butler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 12 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any good Greenpeace Documentaries?

dean_butler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 12 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavascarow wrote:
Tavascarow wrote:

Farn for the future.

Just watched this. Its amazing. Thank you so much for recommending this. Im extremely interested in finding out more about Permiculture now.

Aeolienne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 16 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current favourite is Addicted to Sheep.

Also there are several golden oldies (admittedly not all environment-related) on the BBC Horizon website.

dpack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 16 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newbury seems so long ago but there are folk who were on that one who are now working to resist fracking video linky

a few of my comrades from derbyshire were at newbury .there are a few videos about that here linky although there is far more to it than ever got on camera and only a bit of what got on camera is here.

dpack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 16 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the daz tat down one is rather nice . between us we lived there for a decade ,"interesting environment" to live in. good folk died saving that place.respect comrades.

ps that tunnel is not one of the really hardcore ones , twas best not to film them as we came up with more (but fluffier) surprises than an indiana jones film and that sort of thing could be useful in the future.

undercurrents linky this crew cover assorted "green" issues among other things ,the reporter i know from there is a bit of a rum character but he is one of the good guys.

Aeolienne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 17 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got one more day to watch The Great Village Green Crusade on the BBC iPlayer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive