Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Bird Brains

Author 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 17 11:18 am    Post subject: Bird Brains Reply with quote

We have a field shelter with 6 pheasant panels joined onto it and a poultry net over the top; electric fencing round the perimeter of the enclosure in the field. This is only used for the birds when we go away on a weekend because it is easier for friends looking after the animals, etc. Well... the birds had managed to put themselves into the enclosure today. 7 acres to roam plus a huge garden and that's where they chose to go....

wellington womble

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 17 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Jenna says, they only have very small heads. There's not much room for brains.

Ours like to hang out on the patio (and in the kitchen, in a couple of cases!) two acres to roam in, and they want to s(h)it outside the back door. Same with the children. Two acres to play in, and they want to play football on the patio.

Shan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 17 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't talk to me about the patio - I hose bird shit off it on an almost daily basis!!!

wellington womble

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 17 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why though? What can possibly of be of interest to them on the flipping patio? I mean, I understand they like hanging out in the privet bush, or the old wood store, because it's sheltered and full of beasties, but what is there on the the patio? (Except the baby sparrow one of them caught other other day. Mummy sparrow was not impressed! Fortunately I was there to rescue it)

Shan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 17 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often wonder that myself and it's not like I haven't thrown countless jugs of water at them to deter them!!!!

dpack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 17 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warm feet and a open space with few stealth approaches for vermin for them to have a bit of a sunbath?

Shan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 17 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have plenty of sunbathing spots that are NOT my patio.

wellington womble

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 17 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpack wrote:
warm feet and a open space with few stealth approaches for vermin for them to have a bit of a sunbath?

Not my patio. It's covered in crap that needs sorting out (stuff, not poo. Although that as well, once the birds have been hanging out with us for a while)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive