Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Joined Up Thinking by HMRC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Author 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 19 3:26 am    Post subject: Joined Up Thinking by HMRC Reply with quote

Am I the only one that gets incredibly annoyed by this?

tahir

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 19 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazy

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 19 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The government could easily do something about it whether we stayed in the EU or not. Putting a subsidy on of something like 10% on the hardware would negate the increase in VAT. Blaming the EU for things is a proven method of shifting responsibility, although in this case it might be valid, but could easily be challenged by member states because of the climate crisis. It is not exactly written in stone, but part of the current law. Of course, both national and European parliaments can't do anything about changing laws can they.

sgt.colon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 19 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think HMRC know how to think.

gregotyn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 19 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the public can get something for nothing, the tax people want to know-reduction in vat and income tax and they are there to get as much as they can to pay civil servants, politicians and hangers on.

I think I may have said this before-I have heard of a man who is registered as disabled, who goes by 'bus to town on Monday to collect the disability money, then goes off to the pub, followed by the food bank and then back home. Having been a builder in his fit life, he still does quite a lot for other people-helping as a friend described it, but not for nothing!

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 19 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one might think their words in the past were greenwashing to cover their fossil chum's bums for another few years

if i had my way anyone with a space would get the kit at cost or less, gridded up to car batteries etc etc for buffering as well pv could be a minor but significant input to non fossil energy

a few million to buy influence among politicians is not even pocket change for the fossil industry which is a problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive