Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Great food database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Author 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 20 7:16 am    Post subject: Great food database Reply with quote

https://foodb.ca/foods/FOOD00105

Who knew there were so many compounds in apples?

Food is crazily complex.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 20 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Food is very complicated, which is why it is so difficult to be sure what you are eating. And it will vary according to environment in which it is grown, trace elements in the soil and variety I suspect.

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 20 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr duke is(possibly was, as he was in his 80s when he wrote the last book of his i got and that was 10 yrs ago) a rather interesting chap.

ace herbalist/nutritionist who had some good ideas as to staying healthy and getting well if ill or damaged

not impressed with a lot of big pharma but an effective healer

his books range from home herbalist to very technical, iirc quite a lot of published papers as well

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 20 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rip dr duke

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 20 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He certainly seems to have written a lot. I will look through the herbal books I inherited from my parents and see if any are by him. They were interested in herbs in the 1980s, not as herbalists, but in establishing a herb garden to demonstrate their uses, but did do a lot of reading on the subject.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive