Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Cellophane bags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 20 4:20 pm    Post subject: Cellophane bags Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can get these bags please. I got them online about 4 years ago and can’t remember where. They are food grade, no gusset or shaped. Thanks

Click to see full size image

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 20 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, but must your bags be cellophane?

if other materials might be OK i have bought a few decent bits of packaging over the years

liz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 20 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that that material works so well to keep vegetables, especially lettuce crisp and fresh in storage in the fridge. I have tried others but they not as good. I would definitely use something different if I found it worked well .

derbyshiredowser

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 20 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are actually cellophane then they are biodegradable on a compost heap not sure looking at these .We keep our veg in old ice cream containers and they are very fresh

I did all the telecoms work at a large cellophane factory in Derby and was rather surprised to find that the cellophane ingredients were used to make everything from spectacle frames , cigarette filters to additives in sausages to stop them bursting and all derived from wood cellulose from the western hemlock tree which was powdered and then became explosive in the right atmosphere.

tahir

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 20 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powdered wood is a huge explosion risk:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-33566064

We use quite a lot of plastic packaging but it's all polypropylene or polyethylene nowadays. Back in the old days we used to use bags that had cellophane fronts and paper backs.

liz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 20 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all the comments. Just to let you know I have got the bags from Propac packaging and they are recyclable.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 20 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Useful to know as I use sleeves for greetings cards and would like them to be as 'green' as possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive