Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Plant Passport

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 20 6:44 am    Post subject: Plant Passport Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience of this? I was wondering if it is only aimed at professional growers and sellers. The info confuses me a little as it states EU Plant Passport .......

L

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 20 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is confusing. One of our coppice group members is affected by it as he sells chestnut logs. I haven't gone into it in great depth, but the aim is to prevent pests and diseases from going from one country to another. At present the UK is bound by it, what will happen on 1.1.21 is anybody's guess. I rather suspect that no plant material not covered by one will be allowed into the EU, but stuff coming from the EU may not require one. This of course could be a recipe for disaster as there are things like chestnut blight in some EU countries that we are trying to keep out.

lorrayne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 20 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you muchly.
L

tahir

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 20 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you need to know?

lorrayne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 20 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if it affected the amateur grower who maybe sells through facebook or ebay ?

tahir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 20 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking to send plants abroad?

There are so many pests and diseases that have huge destructive potential that I wouldn't want to be a potential vector. Examples off the top of my head that have travelled and have the potential to travel to the UK:

Dutch Elm disease
Chalara
Xylella
Spotted wing drosophila
Emerald Ash borer
Oak Processionary Moth
Pine White Rust
etc....

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 20 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest you read the legislation as it is rather stricter than just sending things abroad. I only know about it from the forestry side, and there are quite strict restrictions on sending some timber bark on for more than a very short distance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive