Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
apocalypse cocktails
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Author 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 19 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps im not sure the first two would have me and the third has "interesting"wildlife that would almost certainly surprise me in a horrid comedy manner

i might be able to play the arty fast track in canada but i would need to be creative about how i presented that, nz im too old and too poor. belize is not my ideal retirement home.

Slim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 19 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belize can be fine. I have a friend at Maya Mountain Research Farm that I think you'd like.

I did once put my shoes on, only to find them not fitting, went to put them on again, and they still didn't fit, so finally realized I was being terribly rude to a large tarantula in the end of one of them. I helped her leave for a different hiding spot and she seemed happy to be left alone.

I did also see a coral snake rather closer than I would like to me in the river, but I never saw a trace of the jaguars, only heard them at night

dpack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 19 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sort of wildlife

i might get a draw in a fist fight with a pussycat but there would be some sort of comedy toxic critter that i would not know until i met it

i still do not know a species for the beetle that blinded me for a couple of days, my respect for the hairs on the chinnychinchin of a cornish caterpillar, stabbed with a poisoned spine by my own bait. the evidence is extensive

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 19 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Downing Street is putting out the word that it is boycotting @Radio4Today because of its, and the BBC’s, ‘bias’ against Boris Johnson & the Conservatives during the campaign.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnSimpsonNews/status/1206010631763234817

Slim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 19 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess the "special relationship" between our countries will continue in a descent into fascism with propaganda outfits taking larger and larger shares of the formerly free press

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 19 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slim wrote:
So I guess the "special relationship" between our countries will continue in a descent into fascism with propaganda outfits taking larger and larger shares of the formerly free press

I don't know about your free press, but ours is already a fascist propaganda machine.
They rule over the government.

Shan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 19 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairyloon wrote:
Slim wrote:

I don't know about your free press, but ours is already a fascist propaganda machine.
They rule over the government.

....except that it is the Government that is threatening the BBC & ITV.

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 19 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those were not the free press that I was referring to. They are neither free, not the press.

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 20 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fresh pineapple(break into a blender jug)
teaspoon of honey per ring
enough ordinary gin to cover fruit(roughly equal volumes)

blend until a frothy smoothie(i use an industrial stick blender on 2/3 top speed)

simple, quick and amazingly nice, it will be around 20% vol so a cocktail rather than a grog

for pretty and an extra touch i recon a couple of palma violets or other edible flowers would be a nice dressing

i will be back and update this once i have played with "hot and spicy" as a minor tweak but the basic was quite a pleasing surprise inspired by a SPAR loss leader on pineapples(75p for a ripe big un is hard to resist)

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 21 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one is very nice

kit= blender, i use a pro stick blender, others may work but it is crank it to 11

mango flesh 1
crystalized ginger 1/4
cover it in gin

blend it to a frothy pulp

simple and yum

Shan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 21 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have to try this one when we finally get to Portugal... although I imagine it would also work with with tequila plus a dash of freshly squeezed lime juice...

Nick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 21 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything works with gin or tequila.

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 21 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will get the details, a fallen comrade devised a tequila, coriander and lime blend(there may be a few trace ingredients)

shot glass size, oddly wonderful

tequila is ok but not my under the volcano thing

the above green slime is ace

Nick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 21 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost all tequila here is actually best served fast in shots with lime and salt. But over there, there are many grades and vintages and subtleties, in line with whisky.

I’m entirely happy with the salt and citrus version tho. And it picked watermelon wonderfully.

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 21 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

melon and tequila sounds promising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive