Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
i have no idea what you might need but
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
Author 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 21 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps sending gifts or goods to the eu now has restrictions, taxes, tariffs and extra handling charges as well

there was a notice on the postal self-service machine in the post office mentioning it and to ask at the counter if that was the destination

as an aside the city centre was not a ghost town, mcdonalds had quite a few unmasked teens milling about etc, more than half the shops are shut an extra 15% are empty, no tourists who usually are most of the footfall, getting a key cut or shoe mended might be tricky, few workers etc to buy the assorted fast food snacks even if they are open many have shut

dismal

dpack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 21 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pps stock up on things already in the uk now seems even more sensible as this deliberate disaster/stupidity voter's consequences develops.

37% voters and 43% of the votes are not mandates

Slim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 21 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all gone according to plan https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

It just wasn't our plans.
It's crazy how in the open their planning has been, and how little that has mattered

dpack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 21 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm fascinating, fairly obvious in effect in some places such as here where a combo of useful idiots and easily bought politicals(also useful idiots for the most part cos they have been very cheap to buy) seem to have enacted the uk part of things.

re planning openly, another branch of the same firm(big fossil and milkit+some locals) planned redrawing the map of the middle east in shade but not darkness has had considerable success.

i dought the average "red wall new tory" or brexit voter even has the reading skills* let alone the analytical ones to see how they have been duped at a domestic level, let alone at a geopolitical one(that summat about places and rocks ? might be beyond many of them)
give them three word slogans and a flag/face colour/comforting lie or fear to follow, and they are easy meat

odd this is in shopping, but it is as relevant here as everywhere

*sun readers have an average RA expected of a 9 year old, even grauniad readers only get up to 14 year old standards, how those who get their info from facesell groups and assorted "blacksites" fit on that metric i do not know
( i cannot be bothered with uppercase on DS but i do know how to use it and punctuation etc and spellcheck is very ace, but i can write a dissertation or post for strangers in a formal way, read technical stuff and analyse smoke and mirrors to establish the most likely truths )

the average brexit voter considers anyone with a book without 20 pictures and 40 words in the house metropolitan elite

sorry to rant but living in an idiocracy is a bit annoying.

Slim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 21 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are tariffs reducing Brawndo consumption?
*It has electrolytes!

dpack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 21 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no idea, such things were popular but that is a brand/generic/satire name we do not have afaik

monster and redbull are two with names that were popular here sugar, caffeine,taurine,
i prefer meth although i decided i was too old for artificial bouncy and daft a long while back

a nice coffee is about as class A upper as i get

Slim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 21 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you not actually seen idiocracy?!

dpack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 21 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, i will seek it out

i do live in one, putting this crew into power only took around 40% of the votes, i assume most of those were under average intelligence rather than in line for some very nice kleptocratic contracts
admittedly corbyn was unelectable for a variety of reasons but that reflects badly on the intelligence/judgement of those in the plp at the time who believed they could gain power with a lexit platform

dpack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 21 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one for my "to do"reading list

Slim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 21 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpack wrote:
no, i will seek it out

It's not exactly high art... But beyond being funny if you don't mind some stupid humor, it does ring true for the previous four years here in America, and was clearly meant to be social commentary (by the creator of beavis and butthead and king of the hill).

dpack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 21 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b and b were funny, more a south park sort of chap but b+b were good observation of that demographic

dpack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 21 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps i found a translation of the russian thing, i will study that, it reminds me of the defence of the kingdom stuff

i have several million words i intend to or should read, but it comes in far faster than one distracted old chap can manage

dpack

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 21 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trading one

trading two

that is just local over a few waves, how the now voided long distance trading stuff will impact on us i have no idea as many of the trade deals we had for that were as part of the EU and are now void

covid has hidden quite a bit of this as trade has been hit by that globally although as mentioned new tariffs apply to parts in things so things direct will have similar issues

exporting antiques is almost certain to have extra layers of complexity and costs to many places that were fairly simple in or outside the EU

i really do not care if a brexit voter gets harmed by it but to harm those who saw these issues and voted accordingly is unforgivable

dpack

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 21 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps some uk based companies are relocating operations, but probably not most of the staff and in import news nikon has been telling folk they might get what they need sometime in about 18 months

i recon i was wise to get my canon (and other) bits while i could

just for fun i wonder how the racist/xenophobic brexit fans will feel when up to 5 million hongkongers with british overseas passports arrive over the next couple of years, badly i expect, although many of the britHK folk might decide other places are a better idea
just dont tell em about the terms of any trade deal that might be made with india

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 22 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have still not tried an export

however i did get the dremel router adapter and a selection of wood cutting bits to go with it(i have plenty for metals and stones)

it has only taken a bit over a year
i must have another go at getting a milling vice that is dremel size, huge ones are easy

a very nice engineers set out protractor for bevel edges was actually available when i knew i needed one
tis nice and ace value, some of the reviews were funny as they got upset it was what it was and not a joiners bevel gauge or carpenter's square
"it would not lie flat on the board"
is marvellous, spose if they could not mark it they did not risk using a circular saw

the hounds dried chicken, non sorbitol or glycerine version, is unavailable at least until august

"things" are available with patience, grab the best available if it is needed now. ummm

i do not know what "normal" things are like to source at the mo, im not much of a customer for branded food stuffs, fashion etc
tools and materials seem to need more work to procure, fresh foods are more limited and expensive, food is more random with a smaller product range at any instant, apparently getting the "widget" on time is a bit difficult if you need "widgets" to make what you make, that can be parts or consumables

my current city always adapts but it is short of footfall to be thriving
my home town, always in the top 3 worst towns in the UK rankings , is not looking in the slightest prosperous.
the early 80's ex industrial landscape was apocalyptic, now it is the 90's and noughties service industries that have lost their trades and are providing derelict spaces like rotten teeth, almost all "shopping" areas have a significant amount of unused premises, public services have not been decimated they have been reduced to less than one third of 15 years ago
if you know how to madmax shop it is quite a good hunting ground

this is rather disturbing, dog treats, as i mentioned the dried chicken is from the reserves so we got some bunny ears, popular and we are into bag 3 or 4, we just got one out with a 10 letter and number code tattooed on it, even peeled and dried the lettering is quite crisp, not a post mortem mark

why would a bunny have a serial number? and should it be in the hound's food chain?
gulp, modern shopping just got very weird while i was typing this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive