Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
art uk, we own this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Author 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 21 3:39 pm    Post subject: art uk, we own this Reply with quote

online collections

about a quarter million images, well curated and searchable.

for amusement or for education it is a good resource

we have needed this for a long time, not location dependant nor what happens to be on the walls of a location, the latter matters as only a fraction of stuff has wall space

have fun, it makes a nice change during the current conditions

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 21 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Thanks for that.

dpack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 21 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only found it, others did and i am pleased they did

a resource like that when i did 5 years at art school might have spoiled a percussionist but improved an artist

as both a sometimes doer and long time looker it is something i have hoped for since the interweb existed

a few galleries and museums have online collections but they are often partial and many have not had the time/resources to do it well

i do not think this one complete, but it is a good and large overview and very well curated for study or amusement

i would really like the BM and VnA to do a full job on their collections, both have pretty good stuff online but even if you get into the technical stuff it is a fraction of what they hold, and a bit tricky to search if trying to identify stuff or study beyond A level standard
another issue with 3D stuff is seeing it from multiple directions and with details, both visual and material science, and context/provenance
when i lived in london village my guilty pleasure was pottering in the BM/VnA whenever i could there are bits of both i used to know quite well(not the stuff they are famous for perhaps, dead folk in a case are horrible, but i know a lot about shop weights from bronze age grocers, "a big duck of barley and a small one of butter miss?" "a ping or a bong of rice madam?"

old tat is ace be it art or artisan or both

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive