Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Exporting
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 21 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

overview of trade etc

Mr Cohen only covered part of it

missing out the geopolitical, kleptocratic and well-organised criminal aspects from hostile actors seems a little slack

front of house are often idiots, the current crop has many examples, that is not the problem

gz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 21 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dpack, Sally in Wales (well she still is in the Marches!) might have some knowledge about netting

gz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 21 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About to do my first export of a used bike bit ...to Lithuania...it will be interesting to see how the post office deals with it, so I am going to the only standalone post office in Ayrshire, rather than a shop counter.

dpack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 21 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the iran /afgan border is legally and otherwise very porous

the legally bit surprised me, until i thought about how no legal trade might work out

box of fish to paris bit messy so far

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 21 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried, but our local post office does say you have to fill in a customs declaration.

gz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 21 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just the small one , the same as we have always done for anywhere else.
I am still concerned about exporting my own work....

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 21 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope it goes well. International fame.

dpack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 21 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smart move sort of

needing to is a mess, doing it was sensible but bad for the locals who are no longer making the stuff

very 1940, take the machines and run

Slim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 21 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could enjoy the schadenfreude, but just like Texas' winter power debacle, it's the common person that is suffering, and too deserving of empathy, regardless of whether or not they voted for the leopard that's presently eating their face.

It's such a damn shame to see people kneecap themselves for such stupid reasons.
If only we could control lies being told by the greedy and hateful, but I think the more sustainable approach is teaching the critical thinking to see through the lies - which is why the greedy and hateful try to dismantle public education whenever they can (I think we use the term public school differently than you do, yes?)

dpack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 21 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in late 2015/early2016, in another place, i explained my reasoning as to how brexit trashed the GFA/BA protocols and international law, i mentioned the potential and probable consequences of that.
tumbleweed response to it.
in some ways it might be a good idea to put the english border in the water,
the trade stuff is not my field unless it is(i have no idea how antiques might trade let alone under £50 collectables)

a person who should have known far more than myself just did not get the concept of actions have consequences, and not always to our advantage

that was about a detail, the bigger stuff seems to this amateur to be about creating a mess and harvesting a few choice relics from the carnage.
and the geopolitical stuff, and the small/large scale greed for power/cash

the L term of the Drake equation is very dependant on who can direct the "intelligent civilization"

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 21 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slim, yes. A public school in the UK is the top notch type of private school. Sadly, education has been messed up here as much as many other things, but basically we have a free education system that was run by local authorities (now partly run by private companies but still free), Parents might be asked for money to buy extras, but nobody is excluded from school if their parents can't afford to. This runs to age 18. There are and always have been private schools, which are fee paying, and then Public schools such as Eton, Harrow, Winchester etc. which traditionally educated the aristocracy, and now educate anyone who can afford the very high fees.

Most thinking people in the UK deplore Brexit, and foresaw the trouble it has caused. Sadly, too many people believed the lies told by the Leave supporters, which, combined with the total inadequacy (or not if you believe they planned this mess for their own ends) of our politicians, is resulting in companies going to the continent (EU) and leaving the UK.

gz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 21 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone having problems sending things by post to Northern Ireland?
Luckily I sent a parcel tracked, but only "signed for" tracking...and people complain about the extra £1 for that!
Tracking says "in transit"...I know the mail system says may be delayed due to coronavirus, but this says Brexit problems to me.

tahir

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 21 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't, but yes could well be Brexit related

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 21 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gz wrote:
Anyone having problems sending things by post to Northern Ireland?
Luckily I sent a parcel tracked, but only "signed for" tracking...and people complain about the extra £1 for that!
Tracking says "in transit"...I know the mail system says may be delayed due to coronavirus, but this says Brexit problems to me.

no, so far i have had nowt to send "abroad" , i now wonder how "exporting" a historic sash that has ended up in blighty might work?

not got one yet but i am now seeking one

gz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 21 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tahir wrote:
We haven't, but yes could well be Brexit related

Could also be the shape of the contents..if it goes through x-ray..it's a handlebar stem, basically an L shape..😎

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive