Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Exporting
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 21 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might have ended up in the 'open with care for inspection' pile then. Hope it gets through soon.

gz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 21 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It never turned up...got a refund from the post office

gz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 21 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this, haven't read it yet as I am catching the dryest (!) hour if the day for a walk...
https://visualartists.ie/brexit-information-for-artists/?fbclid=IwAR2s1gmnZ5WMrMIb01nxYXCM88PiDNWkzbVNgsLszVwT3N7Ae6xOUlTf2J8
Hope this is going to be of help....

dpack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 21 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i remember what i read a £30 cheese box now has a £180 "no red tape "bill attached

gz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 21 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gz wrote:
Just found this, haven't read it yet as I am catching the dryest (!) hour if the day for a walk...
https://visualartists.ie/brexit-information-for-artists/?fbclid=IwAR2s1gmnZ5WMrMIb01nxYXCM88PiDNWkzbVNgsLszVwT3N7Ae6xOUlTf2J8
Hope this is going to be of help....

No, not a lot of help.....
You still end up going round the maze aka gov website...and you really need to speak to someone and ask questions..

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 21 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far i have been brave enough to look to see what i would need to do should i, for instance, want to send another 1920's crystal radio to austria.

a few years back(when markets etc were open)i did one for iirc£70 +pnp which seemed a fair price both ends

if that now has extra taxes and duties and fees etc the price at the delivery end would not be acceptable compared to one bought from within the eu

for instance will something made of wood need a no beetles ticket, will "used" have the same rules as "antique" and if it has a bit of silver inlay or is an old but relatively low value spoon is that a new world of precious metals pain?

for single items that will go in the post it seems complex, for something like a dozen chairs the logistics of a van over several borders are an extra hurdle above any paperwork issues

i am minded that only very high value goods will be economical to export to the eu and even then they need enough rarity to justify buying from brexitania rather than a more local version.

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 21 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm

expensive or domestic seems a reasonably tactical start

cheap to there no longer is viable

Shane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 21 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder whether, post-pandemic, it might be cheaper to take a trip to France or NL with any small saleables and mail them via a local post office than to pay however many hundreds of pounds extra per shipment the new Brexit bonus is? Not viable or a business with repeated turnover, but for an occasional seller of small, high-value items, it may be the only feasible way - albeit more expensive and more hassle than before.

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 21 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not my direction but similar issues

dpack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 21 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the more i learn the closer it seems to imposing trade sanctions on your own population.

maybe they intend piracy and smuggling to be the regrowth industries

Shane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 21 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, given that setting up distribution centres and subsidiaries in the EU is beyond the means of many SMEs it's just another way to shovel market share into the pockets of Tory donors?

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 21 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That and other policies certainly seem to point that way. Whether it is deliberate, or just the result of listening only to the big players in any industry I am not sure. Sometimes one policy goes against another 'stated' policy, such as reduction of single use plastic, but insisting that all log sacks contain logs under 20% moisture content. Only way to be sure is to seal them in plastic.

dpack

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 21 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and importing or shopping as folk thought of it

brexit, the gift that keeps giving, did i ever mention the GFA/BA?

gz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 22 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone using "madelocal" ?
Costs seem to total 2% +35p for an individual seller, as opposed to a total of 9% + 20cents for Etsy.

Wrong thread! ...not exporting as I don't any more
Can someone point this in the right direction please?

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 22 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not used it but sounds interesting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive