Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
hindsight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Author 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 22 6:33 am    Post subject: hindsight Reply with quote

some gold and dollars were wise a few years ago(smug grin)

at the mo buy things of value that are held by the vendor in old pounds and not current international value pounds

my cupboard held abrasive papers and lightbulb futures etc are looking better than expected

more hindsight, i did mention the value of "objects", if they are priced in pounds the relative value in say dollars or cowrie shells is related to how trashed a £ we are given

ps £ x 0.5 is no longer a rude offer on the ticket price

bit late to buy gold(small and portable and globally of a value)unless the desperate start selling domestic gold domestically

i would rather be thinking of blockrockingbeats or recipes, hey ho , survival skills is a broad curriculum

Slim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 22 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my version of that would be gratitude that I put our medium term savings (car fund, etc) into I bonds here a bit less than a year ago. Not a helpful tip for non US citizens I think, however.

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 22 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

today uk bonds are at 4.5% for 2 years

sick giggle, that would just about cover the last few weeks, not ideal over two years

Slim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 22 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You maybe noticed, but for clarity it's important to point out that I was describing "I bonds" specifically. No base rate of interest at the moment, but inflation adjusted interest rate that resets every 6 months, so you at least don't lose much to inflation.
I'm wondering if they may actually start having a base rate again at some point in the future....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive