Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
de dusting screens

Author 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 23 12:09 pm    Post subject: de dusting screens Reply with quote

i have a touch screen, most of the time i do not touch it and use assorted other interface tools

it gets dusty

not wishing to over clean or scratch it the choice of duster might be important

this is the good and rather downsizery good bit

a goose's flight quill is a perfect duster, gentle but thorough

a clean wipe with a bit of propanol works for blobs and smears etc, most of the time all it needs is the dust sweeping off and wipes and cloths and stuff just do not seem to work well

another use for a goose that might almost excuse their personalities, butler's kit for hi tech leccy screens is rather fun

that was very efficient, far better than owt i have tried before for dusting

i have been using a pigeon flight quill as a mini brush while working back into the gesso, so perhaps that is why i grabbed a quill rather than looking for a "duster"

quill is best by a considerable amount

i will try this on lenses, not the very expensive ones until i know it is safe i have plenty of old dirty glass to test the idea on

looking at the screen now, the feather took almost all the blobby lumps as well as the dust. oooh

if i could politely ask, could anyone with a dirty screen (that will be most of us) please give flight feather screen clean a try and let me know if it works for you

gz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 23 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...will look out for a discarded feather

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 23 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an observation, since it was wiped with the goose quill it has attracted far less dust, i wonder if it has an anti-static effect as well as sweeping?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive