Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
What do Downsizers have for breakfast?
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Author 
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 06 8:30 am    Post subject: What do Downsizers have for breakfast? Reply with quote

Just curious. I've done my preferred morning approach of doing a couple of hours work and am now settling down to a breakfast of porridge with a big dollop of last autumns hedgerow jelly in it.

What's everyone else having/had for breakfast this fine and soggy morning?

pricey

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 06 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toast, home made bread cut really thick, with real butter. Me and the girls have this every morning.

Next weekend though I have a feeling that I will be doing a full English as we have guests

Penny Outskirts

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 06 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pricey wrote:
Toast, home made bread cut really thick, with real butter. Me and the girls have this every morning.

Next weekend though I have a feeling that I will be doing a full English as we have guests

I do love a full English but normally toast for me. But I do have a naughty guilty breakfast occasionally. The garage I go to does really nice sausages, so I just have three sausages in a paper bag.

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 06 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it a tasty paper bag?

Penny Outskirts

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 06 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sally_in_wales wrote:
is it a tasty paper bag?
Yummy!!!

pricey

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 06 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny wrote:
pricey wrote:

I do love a full English but normally toast for me. But I do have a naughty guilty breakfast occasionally. The garage I go to does really nice sausages, so I just have three sausages in a paper bag.

You can just have toast then, less work for me

Penny Outskirts

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 06 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pricey wrote:
Penny wrote:
pricey wrote:

You can just have toast then, less work for me

pricey

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 06 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, OK you can have full english. Black pudding?

Penny Outskirts

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 06 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pricey wrote:
OK, OK you can have full english. Black pudding?

Mmmm yes please!!!!

Mrs Fiddlesticks

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 06 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it varies, but I was good in the week and made a large batch of granola ( can't remember if I've already put the recipe on here, possibly..) which is oats toasted with almonds and honey in the oven until crunchy and then mixed with raisins. A bit like that harvest crunch stuff.

We sometimes have porridge or toast with local honey. The boys like museli which is good, they've had alpen, but when that's run out I said we'd have a go at mixing our own - they like things quite sweet though.

Sundays are always fresh coffee and warm croissants (shop bought, sorry )

wellington womble

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 06 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I follow my usual rules, which are healthy in the week, and treats at weekends. This means porridge (and brown sugar, but only a little) weekdays. My favourite breakfasts are leftover puddings (we don't have much of a sweet tooth, except in the morning, for some reason!) rhubarb crumble and custard is my favourite of all!

Generally, its some variation of bacon and eggs on toast, though. Home-made bread, real butter, homemade jam after if anyone likes. Rarely the full enlgish, unless we have guests.

I am currently having a morning snack of chocolate (fairly traded, organic, bought locally from a small business) and fairtrade coffee, due to lack of leftover pudding

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 06 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing on almost all days, actually I tend to be one meal a day which is not good I know.

Odd days though it is a full English with loads of trimmings

2steps

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 06 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very rarely eat breakfast I just don't feel like eating first thing. I normally have something a bit later - just had leftover shepherds pie. strawberries and an ice lolly

Mat S

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 06 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weetabix followed by homemade bagels today!

Cathryn

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 06 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tea and cakes today with friends while children are at dance classes - how civilised.

Love porridge but only with cold milk as it's spoilt by anything sweet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive