Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Irish Lemon Pudding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Author 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 05 3:58 pm    Post subject: Irish Lemon Pudding Reply with quote

Known also as Lemon Suprise Pudding - its a lovely light spongey mixture with a hidden suprise of delicious lemony custard underneath

50g/2oz/1/4 cup butter,plus extra for greasing.
grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
115g/40z/1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs separated
50g/2oz/1/2 cup self-raising flour
300ml/1/2pint/11/4cups milk
Few flaked almonds for the top

this recipe serves 4 - I usually double it

Preheat the oven to 190oc gas 5. Use a little butter to grease a 1.2litre/2pint/5cup baking dish.

Beat the lemon rind remaining butter and caster sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Add the egg yolks and flour and beat together well. Gradually whisk in the lemon juice and milk (don't be alarmed-the mixture will curdle horribly).

In a grease free bowl,whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites lightly into the lemon mixture using a metal spoon,then pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds

Place the dish in a roasting pan and pour in hot water to come halfway up the side of the dish. Bake for 45mins until golden. Serve immediately

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 05 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, aka Lemon Dainty. I posted a version on neilk's recipe site. I'll have to give yours a go in the interests of research.

Gertie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 05 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the sound of this pudding, will give it a go definitely!

Mrs Fiddlesticks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 05 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yumm.. have all the ingredients too - once I've used lemons tomorrow on the old pancakes, any left will be earmarked for this then

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive