Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Taking credit card payments online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 07 8:59 pm    Post subject: Taking credit card payments online Reply with quote

Who does it? & how much is it costing you?

Ta

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 07 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've talked about his before, I'll see if I can find the thread...

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 07 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think there is another thread too but this is the most recent
https://forum.downsizer.net/about16308.html&highlight=credit+card

Old-Chads-Orchard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 07 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that, forgot the search

is anyone on here using NMTF mobile system??

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 07 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

offroading.net wrote:
thanks for that, forgot the search

is anyone on here using NMTF mobile system??

Not yet, but I reckon in about a year I can justify giving it a whirl at a few shows

Old-Chads-Orchard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 07 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they will let me join as I will be doing very few shows and most of my business will be online. I'll ask, they do seem the cheapest so far, wonder what the time from transaction to money n your bank account is, some places have quoted me 6 weeks

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 07 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't cover online sales, I have seperate insurance with Ian Waller (Craftsman Insurance) to cover that

Helen_A

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 07 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to shell out on a business merchant a/c then the HSBC one has an online interface and I've come accross a lot of traders using their laptops and the venues net connection to process sales through that way on stand.

Currently we are using paypal as our online interface and have discontinued our merchant account as it was proving an economic liability for the rest of the year when we weren't using it, lol. For furture shows we plan to take laptop and net connection (where available) and use our onsite interface (don't go and look for it its not up on the site atm, I'm still closed for christmas/house move other than the sale stuff!) to enable card paying customers to do so.

But having said that - in the days before i took cards i rarely lost a sale at a show because i didn't. If your product is something that someone really wants/needs then they tend to find a way - like paying a deposit for you to hold something whilst they go and find a cash machine or send you a cheque (if near end of show)

4-6 weeks from the main online only providers is pretty normal though Paypal isn't great as charges go, but if your only other option is to fork over 4.5% of the sale plus a monthly fee because your takings via the machine is less than 1500 a month (the point at which most service providers % charge drops to less than paypals, although paypals drops at that point as well so may still be cheaper) then ...

Helen_A who should stop typing and go to bed as she thinks that she is no onger making sense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive