Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Looking like a good find (online shop)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 07 7:11 pm    Post subject: Looking like a good find (online shop) Reply with quote

I've been thinking about an online shop for ages, had a few tries at things and never had much luck. haven't really got much money to put into it either and didn't want to be paying out for something that was making nothing back
A friend of mine has just started sellingonline and has beenthinking the same. He emailed me this site today www.appee.com wich is for a free online shop. Sounds pretty good, maybe too good to be true But I signed up for a look and it all seems good. Shopping basket and checkout is all intergrated too (paypal/cheque) It's quite easy to work with as well, has taken me an hour to sign up and get this far https://phoenixmoon.appee.com/

Could easily buy a domain name and have it instead too. I know mine is already taken in .com and co.uk anyway and I think .org is used by an american coven

Though this would be great for you guys

MarkS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 07 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing that would worry me is how do they make money ?

Although the support forum has some 'interesting' NSFW threads....

2steps

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 07 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm yes I saw that too

they make money through offering phone support and selling other services, like shop templates, which can be custom

Green Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 07 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks great, hope it works for you.

goldy1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 07 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen this site 2steps. https://www.etsy.com/index.php
I have just started to list items. 20c per item for 4 months then 3.5% of final sale. compared to e-bay it's cheap and you get 5 free pictures for each listing. Getting a lot of good press at the moment.

2steps

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 07 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you. I use etsy as well as ebay but have only sold one item

I'd really like my own shop with checkout etc that doesn't need people to join as part of my website. need to chose a domain name too

Blue Sky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 07 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking like a good find (online shop) Reply with quote

2steps wrote:
Could easily buy a domain name and have it instead too. I know mine is already taken in .com and co.uk anyway and I think .org is used by an american coven

Get the EU domain if you can afford £14.95 a year. It is the future of top level domains IMO and as far as I can see it is available for yours.

Good luck with the online shop. Looks pretty good. Let us know how you get on with it.

S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive