Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
do you like these? opinions please
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

Location: The Fishing Strumpet is from Ceredigion in West Wales
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 07 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

judith wrote:
...but I do have a fine collection of Bet Lynches tucked away in a drawer somewhere.

Oooh - me too Judith. It was that 80's thing wasn't it? All shoulder pads and big earrings

judith

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 07 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I must also have a fine collection of shoulder pads somewhere - I always used to cut them out.

joanne

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 07 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

judith wrote:
Actually I must also have a fine collection of shoulder pads somewhere - I always used to cut them out.

Lol - I did that too - I've got big enough shoulders without the addition of pads and I've still got my collection of tacky 80's earrings however most of them now are singles as I've lost its partner....

Nick

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 07 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. My school blazer had shoulder pads. Ah, Halcyon days.

2steps

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 07 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lettucewomen, love the earrings. I did a simular design recently but with hematite stars I'm not massivly keen on swavoski crystals but I know they are popular. they'd also be nice with gemstone beads or some pretty glass

Helen_A

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 07 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look nice Mind you - I don't think that they'd work in the piercings I have (nose and daith these days, rip arm )

You might want to check out the most recent EU things on metals for use in jewellery though. I don't think that they apply to 'craft' products, but better safe than a visit from TS

(in brief there are now rules about what metals can be used, and at what grades. And you cannot now sell anything with a nickel content over a certain amount - sorry I can't find the link to what amount though, but co's like beads unlimited will know, or your local decent piercer (aap member or similar) - if its intended for use in a pierced placement on the body or head. The same rules are affecting surgical stuff as well, sigh)

Helen_A

lettucewoman

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 07 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helen_A wrote:
They look nice Mind you - I don't think that they'd work in the piercings I have (nose and daith these days, rip arm )

You might want to check out the most recent EU things on metals for use in jewellery though. I don't think that they apply to 'craft' products, but better safe than a visit from TS

(in brief there are now rules about what metals can be used, and at what grades. And you cannot now sell anything with a nickel content over a certain amount - sorry I can't find the link to what amount though, but co's like beads unlimited will know, or your local decent piercer (aap member or similar) - if its intended for use in a pierced placement on the body or head. The same rules are affecting surgical stuff as well, sigh)

Helen_A

All the jewellery that I sell is sterling silver, silverplated, low nickel or gold filled - should be ok

Helen_A

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 07 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lettucewoman wrote:
All the jewellery that I sell is sterling silver, silverplated, low nickel or gold filled - should be ok

Yayay...

How small do you think you could make them?

Helen_A

dpack

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 07 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a holed person
a, nice jewelry
b, i could probably get them through my ear without twisting
c , the rabbit ears trick with two fingers through each hole in both ears scares most people
d , there are some piercings that make one unafraid of special rendition
e , ears ,septum , nostril ,lip , cheek ,tongue ,and downstairs bits are all pretty easy :nipples ,eyebrows , navel and most other sites often have complications .
f , if they have a piercing machine rather than a sterile exploration or biopsy (depending on target site ) needle and gloves run away
g , stretching holes is interesting

ps i have no tattoos but i now know a man who i would trust to ink me to my designs

i forgot to get to my point ,surgical steel ,niobium ,surgical gold , titanium
silver is ok for now and again wear any other metals at your own risk imho
birch is ok ,porcupine quill is ok ,plastic coated knitting needle tips are ok for stretching

i'll get me hat ,at least i have something to tie it to

Helen_A

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 07 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK dpack - do you hang out at UKPB? If you don't you should, lol...

I love titanium, so light and can be made a variety of colours... except these days I'm totally vanilla so have nothing over a 1.6mm, lol, or any wish to

Helen_A

sneeuwklokje

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 07 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the general design.
I like the silver.
I like the plain as well as the sparkley beads.

I do not like: the size; they seem too big to me (or they look it.)
I do not like: the fiddly pfaffing to get them in. I know you said it's easy, but, it would put me off buying them. Also, I think that it looks painful, especially the twisty bits.

If you made them smaller, and stuck them on a stud or one of those fish hook thingies (heh, so technical ) I would be more inclined to buy them.

lettucewoman

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 07 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helen_A wrote:
lettucewoman wrote:

Yayay...

How small do you think you could make them?

Helen_A

i can make them about 1" long - and still be able to get them on.

They really arent very big - they are so delicate that you cant even feel them.

they are not difficult - or painful - to wear - you just wind them through!As long as the hole in your ear is open they will go through from the back - you put the curly bit through not the bit with the crystals!!- and you just turn your hand like screwing up a jar lid and they go on automatically! then you straighten them up and voila! I could attach earring hooks to them but they wouldn't be so fascinating and unusual then...the whole point is that they are different. I get people asking me how on earth I got them on - and when I show them they are amazed at how simple it is!

Ok edit - you hold them at right angles to your ears not try to force them downwards...I will post some pics tomorrow to show what i mean...

Helen_A

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 07 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heehee

just wondering if one could go into my daith, idle curiousity and all that, and realising that I've had the same piece of jewellery in it since it was done!! Mind you - ruddy awkward to change it there...

https://www.ukbodyart.net/munch/Brighton00/dscf0013.jpg is my daith just done, but before the B or the BCR was put in.

(please please don't open the rest of that url if there are children or sensitive souls nearby ... )

Helen_A

2steps

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 07 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there used to be a lady on ebid who sold some simular earrings but they were put in differently if I rememeber correctly. You put the straight part through your hole and pull it right through to the top. That would mean you couldn't decorate the end, but maybe you could add some beads or maybe a dangle or 2 on the spiral.

I think there really pretty but probably not something I'd wear because they ar etoo dangly. I have tiny little hoops in all my piercing, mostly so I never have to change them. I like the plain ones best, the pattern in the wore looks really good. they might also look good made in twisted wire. the two wires in the twist could be different colours too

lettucewoman

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 07 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2steps wrote:
there used to be a lady on ebid who sold some simular earrings but they were put in differently if I rememeber correctly. You put the straight part through your hole and pull it right through to the top. That would mean you couldn't decorate the end, but maybe you could add some beads or maybe a dangle or 2 on the spiral.

I think there really pretty but probably not something I'd wear because they ar etoo dangly. I have tiny little hoops in all my piercing, mostly so I never have to change them. I like the plain ones best, the pattern in the wore looks really good. they might also look good made in twisted wire. the two wires in the twist could be different colours too

Interesting idea about the two wires, Ill try it!

The patterned ones are twisted wire too...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive