Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Web Site Links

Author 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 05 6:37 am    Post subject: Web Site Links Reply with quote

Anyone any experience of linking with other sites?
I received message below, but am worried that the "free traffic" may just be lots of spam/rubbish.

Wombat

Hello,

Thank you for joining fashion forums, im hoping to create the biggest fashion community on the web. Some recent changes are the new "Advertise Stuff" board for you to advervise your new websites, sales or products. If you have any more site suggestions you can post them in the suggestions board.

If you have a website of your own you can add your link to my links page and you'll get free traffic.

Thanks
Fashion Forums
https://www.fashion-forums.com

Bugs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 05 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be suspicious of anyone trying to create a business who doesn't bother to proofread their marketing material before sending it out.

However, it could be a one-off, and if you did register on that site, it could be worth taking up for a free listing, they're probably rather overpromising with the free traffic, but you never know where an odd link might wind up bringing you a new customer.

Much depends on what you think of the site itself and who you already see using it, and where it is linked to/from itself (eg if you find it listed in other sites linked to your business, great, if it just turns up in random directories and unrelated sites, be suspicious).

If you didn't really register with them, I'd be inclined not to touch them with even the longest and pointiest of bargepoles. Have you seen a thing on this board somewhere by Jema, who does all the tech stuff for this site, about SEO? I'm sure he put up some details. It might give you some good advice on what types of links to chase and which to leave alone.

Good luck either way!

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 05 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

99% of link requests I get are dubious at best.

The "coop ad network" or our own backlinker are safer and more effect ive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive