Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Listening In To History

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Author 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 05 10:49 am    Post subject: Listening In To History Reply with quote

Radio 4 Monday 20:00 Listening In To History
Ruth Ive talks about her role as official censor during the Second World War.

I listened to this first time round and it really is an excellent programme

Rob R

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 05 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that- I am notoriously bad at remembering to listen to radio programmes, as the telly usually gets priority in this house but I'll have to try & tape this if I ca't watch it

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 05 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob R wrote:
Thanks for that- I am notoriously bad at remembering to listen to radio programmes, as the telly usually gets priority in this house but I'll have to try & tape this if I ca't watch it

Same here. Its daft really I sit in front of a PC most days with a radio by it. But i do tend to concentrate on one thing at a time, and I hate quite a bit of r4 output and so tend to turn off and miss the good stuff.

I am trying to get in the habit of turning down not off, in the hope I will hear more of the stuff Tahir recommends weekly.

wellington womble

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 05 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For radio the listen again feature is priceless - just go to the BBC website, and click on the programme. I just wish I could do it in the kitchen. Will have to get a wireless lan, and send it to my PDA, methinks. (can put headphones in and tune out the telly - hurrah. Wonder if we could get it to cover the garden, so I can listen in the veggie patch too!?)

I'm often working at the PC, and rarely listen live, but put specific prgrammes on when I'm doing something less demanding. Not ideal on dial up, but on broadband, its fab.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive