Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
The Apprentice - doing a farmer's market - on now BBC2!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Author 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 05 8:06 pm    Post subject: The Apprentice - doing a farmer's market - on now BBC2!! Reply with quote

Title says it all, really

Vic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 05 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else see it? I particularly enjoyed the bit when one of the customers found a spider in her jar of elderberry jelly and Saira just blithely gave her another pot - no refund, and not much of an apology either. Where are Health & safety when you need them?

Gertie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 05 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vic - I saw it! That Saira normally gets on my nerves, but at least she had the bottle ('scuse pun) to get out there and sell.

I too was shocked at the way she dismissed the spider - just swapping the jar for the customer whilst trying to flog a another jar to a bystander

I take it where making food to sell to the public it is the kitchen that must be licenced/approved/certified rather than the actual producers?

What about the cook who was offering her services to them for £50 an hour and they then agreed to it, only to backtrack and get her helping them for nothing

I couldn't believe the amount of money spent on stilton cheese £68 to go into soup!) or venison - the team of four deserved to fail on that one alone.

Vic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 05 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's strangely addictive, isn't it? I rather think that Saira is going to win, despite all her unpleasantness..

the whole thing about it being a farmer's market and yet they were allowed to sell did all seem a little bit dodgy.

someone on another website asked whether it is actually illegal to pick elderberrys and then sell them like that - is it?

Gertie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 05 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not - our horse's paddock (rented) has elderberry growing in abundance, which I make into Apple & Elderberry Jelly (mine doesn't look like Saira's - mind you mine don't have insects preserved in them, neither!).

daniel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 05 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right it is strangely addictive, i thought I wouldn't keep watching because of the dislikable characters in it but something draws me in...
(I havent been posting in a while, busy busy busy)

Vic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 05 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's seeing all the dislikable characters get their comeuppance (or not) which is the most fun part.

There is an entire forum dedicated to it, if you're interested

https://www.theinternetforum.info/forum2//index.php?s=9fae567dbc578948e55cba152e4d924d&act=SF&f=90

mrsnesbitt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 05 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please.no more forums.......................have enough problems getting off here, let alone be introduced to others!!! I'll never get anything done!!!

Gertie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 05 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saira was soooooo lucky last night - first sign of any emotion from her. I would have thought she could have cited PMT as a good enough reason for not succeeding in the task

Vic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 05 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else watching last night? I want a Wolf jacket and I want it now!! James is truly a hero...

mrsnesbitt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 05 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I watched it last night. The woman who went...................wow what a shock, she was my favourite to win. The little guy in her team......................hate him, little ****! Sairra could win......or James........who do you think will win?

D

twoscoops

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 05 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James or Tim. No doubt.

Gertie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 05 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope James win - he comes over as being a really nice guy - not sure about modelling the wolf jacket though

Lundy and I enjoyed the bit where Siara and James took the p*** out of those wolf fleeces. They were in fits of giggles - so were we!!

I have to say, hand on heart, I disliked Saira from the start, did not like her attitude, but she's a grafter and has proven herself - so would be happy for either Saira or James to win. Tim's borderline and Paul - well, highlights of the series, so far, would be him dressed as a bear in Harrods and then on another occasion saying to Sir Alan Sugar "I'm Roman Catholic, as God is my witness ...." to which Sir Alan replied "I'm Jewish, so what?".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive