Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Anyone wathcing Hell Kitchen mkII

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Author 
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 05 8:46 am    Post subject: Anyone wathcing Hell Kitchen mkII Reply with quote

I find anyhting about cooking in restaraunts ineteresting, but i'm struggling with Hells Kitchen, it is just too contrived

macatsuma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 05 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't watch it, i'm sick of primadona chefs getting flustered over a bit of crab balanced on cress. I have have eaten at some of the (supposedly) very good restaurants in the uk and a lot of them leave me cold, look at the menu on the fat duck at bray's website and then tell me what on earth snail porridge is? i once at at a very volatile frenchmans gaff in oxfordshire that will remain nameless and yes the food was good what there was of it but once i had dropped the clients i had taken at the station i went straight for a kebab! bearing in mind i'd just spent over a grand on crab balanced on cress.

In term of folk on TV the two fat ladies were genius as is Hugh FW and Rick Stein, did you see those two geordie bikers that did the tour of was it portugal? i can't remeber but that was class, i really wanted to hate Masterchef Go Large but ended up enjoying it and was genuinely pleased when Thomasina won.
Worst TV Food programme after Can't Cook was that truley awful top gear thing on beeb 2 with that clueless australian pub landlady with red hair, full on food that was it.

chrissy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 05 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the first one last night. I'm a sucker for foodie programmes, but I'm finding Gary Rhodes embarrassing to watch and Angus Deayton has become so irritating. I'll probably carry on watching it though.

mrsnesbitt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 05 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too settled down to watch this programme on Monday night.it was painful! Lots of instances........when the french guy rolled his eyes at Gary Rhodes.what signals was that sending out? The contestants were obviously chosen because they would make good TV......the first dishes they produced were horrendous...........and as the for northern chap....................
PLEASE..........................................
I don't know ANYBODY like that!!!!

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 05 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did seem the contestants were selected to be stereostypes

Student
Single Mum
Rough Norherner
Token Black
Posh one
Slapper

Gertie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 05 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the first episode, where each of the 'contestants' had to create their signature dish for 'their' chef.

Nearly fell off the sofa watching Terry explain to Gary Rhodes that he had created his King Prawn Rockefeller using - wait for it - SMASH Instant Potato Mix.

I, also, find Angus Deayton irritating - do enjoy viewing him with the sound turned down just to admire his suits!!!!!

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 05 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched a master chef once where a woman used gravey granules for her steak sauce oddly she did not win.

chrissy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 05 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jema wrote:
Watched a master chef once where a woman used gravey granules for her steak sauce oddly she did not win.

I'd have loved to see the judges faces.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive