Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Renting Land owned by developers

Author 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 08 7:10 pm    Post subject: Renting Land owned by developers Reply with quote

Anyone any experience of renting land stockpiled by property developers?

judith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 08 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but I would like to. The field next to mine has been standing empty since we moved here, and would be a great little addition to the homestead.
The owner is having none of it, though

Jb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 08 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would they want it rented to anyone? Surely they would rather the land was empty and unused so that their future planning application is to convert wasteland into residential accomodation rather than to convert existing orchards / farmland / whatever into residential land.

It's something I wondered when I was looking for land and couldn't find anything in my budget but found plenty of disused agricultural land which someone was selling off in tenth of an acre plots at 20k a pop.

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 08 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

judith wrote:
No, but I would like to. The field next to mine has been standing empty since we moved here, and would be a great little addition to the homestead.
The owner is having none of it, though

I obviously don't approve of such a scheme but someone devious might locate some rare local orchid plug plants or seed (legally) and then plant them in the field. That way they might never get planning.

judith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 08 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treacodactyl wrote:
I obviously don't approve of such a scheme but someone devious might locate some rare local orchid plug plants or seed (legally) and then plant them in the field. That way they might never get planning.

The field is "in the envelope" sadly, and the owner did get PP on it. But unfortunately for him, and fortunately for us, there is no mains sewerage here and he was refused building regs approval due to the very real possibility of contamination of a neighbour's well.

(I will admit to a small guerilla plantation of fast-growing poplars in there, though )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive