Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Kenwood Chef

Author 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 05 12:15 pm    Post subject: Kenwood Chef Reply with quote

Kenwood Chef A901 model (I think)

I bought this on e-bay in good faith, it is in working order but there is a fuse that prevents electrical interference, it has blown (up!) and requires replacement.

I have checked with the Kenwood engineer and the part is in good working order.

Apart from that it is in good order, it has the k-beater, ballon whisk and dough hook, plus a liquidiser but it has the little bit in the top missing.

(I bought a new one in a fit of rage after discovering that this one was faulty)

I paid 50 quid but will take reasonable offers (you pay postage) or will swap, barter. I'm after sea fishing gear, I seriously need a decent landing net. Otherwise anything interesting.

thos

Location: Jauche, Duchy of Brabant (Bourgogne-ci) and Charolles, Duchy of Burgundy (Bourgogne-ça)
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 05 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terri nearly saved €200 on Saturday.

We had baked a pound cake in the afternoon, which was made far more difficult by the children who are completely unable to assist and always make the whole process more aggravating and time consuming. We therefore decided to dust-off our long-deferred purchase of a mixer. That evening I got stuck into the computer.

The KitchenAid came in at €320 and the Kenwood KM005 at €450. The KitchenAid is red and matches the kitchen, but is a piddling 300W. The Kenwood is a great big steel macho beast at 1200W. The Kenwood is €650 in the shops, so Terri could save €200 by buying it.

After serious reflection, we decided we (i.e. Terri) would not be baking enough to justify buying one, so we saved the other €450 as well.

Gertie

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 05 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to digress, Johnnyboy, I inherited my Kenwood Chef from my late mum (bless her!). It's umpteen years old, has a chip of enamel missing, but apart from that is a brilliant gadget. I was shocked to see how much they are now to buy - nope, won't be buying one to match the kitchen just yet, this one will do for a few more years.

Keeps me fit as well when a keep lifting it in and out of my appliance cupboard

If it's repairable, Johnnyboy, it will be a bargain for someone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive