Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Summer ceps?

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 05 12:56 pm    Post subject: Summer ceps? Reply with quote

TD is going to take me out this week to some local beauty spots, as they say on the evening news when they find a couple strangled in a wood, we're going to see if some of our favourite spots have any early cep-like things. Is it too early to expect much in that way yet?

cab

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 05 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Summer ceps? Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
TD is going to take me out this week to some local beauty spots, as they say on the evening news when they find a couple strangled in a wood, we're going to see if some of our favourite spots have any early cep-like things. Is it too early to expect much in that way yet?

It's fairly early, but the worst that can happen is that you don't find any. Better chance of chanterelles than ceps at the moment.

I've found Boletus in early June, but rather infrequently.

footprints

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 05 5:40 pm    Post subject: summer ceps Reply with quote

Got the books, got the walks, don't have the bottle to eat strange fungi. Having said that, I am pretty sure that I can identify a puffball now:-) I have thought that in lieu of eating them I might take pictures of them instead, because I find them fascinating .

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 05 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have an organised local forage? I think that's one of the best ways to give you confidence, especially if you know a bit but haven't taken the plunge. There should be some details on here about forages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive