Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Author 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 04 8:30 am    Post subject: I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue Reply with quote

Radio 4 Monday 18:30 I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue
The perennial antidote to panel games. Linda Smith joins Barry Cryer, Graeme Garden and Tim Brooke-Taylor, with chairman Humphrey Lyttelton and Colin Sell at the piano. [Rptd Sun at 12.00pm]

bernie-woman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this show but will have to give this a miss, I cannot bear Linda Smith - just do not find her funny one little bit

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought she was very unfunny on HIGNFY last week. Normally I don't mind her, but the stuff with Neil Kinnock was just tedious.

tahir

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mind her, It's Sandy Toskvig that gets on my nerves

twoscoops

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Will listen while tidying.

Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like Sandi Toksvig...

I've only kind of recently started listening to the radio, and often forget. It was really annoying when all the best jokes from the News Quiz showed up on hignfy...I know, I'm years behind everyone else on that.

Don't tend to like the sit coms they do - though I did like Trevor's World of Sport, it seemed much better than the tv series.

tahir

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the radio stuff is excellent beyond words, did you ever catch The Legend of Trombastardos or Old Harrys Game?

Behemoth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean wrote:
I thought she was very unfunny on HIGNFY last week. Normally I don't mind her, but the stuff with Neil Kinnock was just tedious.

i agree - the whole programme ended up making you feel uncomfortable rather than amused.

I used to listen to the R4 comedy but it clashes with the beast's bath time and since she turned one she's developed a pathological fear fo the bath so the radio gets drowned out by the screams when we inflict this torture upon her.

We had tickets to go to the recording of the Now Show at the City Varieties in Leeds but were too jiggered to get there in the end.

bernie-woman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Paul Merton and Hislop looked uncomfortable too - there is a fine line between taking the mick and being blatantly rude

Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahir wrote:
Some of the radio stuff is excellent beyond words, did you ever catch The Legend of Trombastardos or Old Harrys Game?

You talkin' to me?

If so. Nope. Never 'eard of them. I must turn on BBC Radio 7 a bit more now that I've worked out how the freeview tuner works, I think I've got some catching up to do.

tahir

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm telling to anyone that'll listen

Food and the BBC are my favourite evangelical topics, I hope one day to have converted the whole world to growing fruit & veg and listening to Radio 4.

twoscoops

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernie wrote:
I thought Paul Merton and Hislop looked uncomfortable too - there is a fine line between taking the mick and being blatantly rude

Please spill the beans!! What is all this about?

tahir

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know either

Behemoth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week's HIGNFY was hosted by Neil Kinnock. Will Self continually insulted him, needled him for answers to pointed questions and picked at him for going to the lords and Linda followed suit. Both of them talked over Kinnock and spoiled the scripted jokes. Merton and Hislop were uncharacteristically quiet.

jema
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behemoth wrote:
This week's HIGNFY was hosted by Neil Kinnock. Will Self continually insulted him, needled him for answers to pointed questions and picked at him for going to the lords and Linda followed suit. Both of them talked over Kinnock and spoiled the scripted jokes. Merton and Hislop were uncharacteristically quiet.

A hypocritical old windbag like Kinnock deserves all he gets if he puts himself in that hot seat I won't say the wit was sparkling, but I found it funny.

jema

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive