Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Help needed on organic veg plot

Author 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 05 3:38 pm    Post subject: Help needed on organic veg plot Reply with quote

The veg plot is really taking off now, so much so that Nick really could do with some help. We are looking for a fit & strong person to work here 4 days a week. The main duties will be weeding, watering, planting and harvesting. Some experience of plants and gardening would be an advantage but are not strictly necessary, enthusiasm and a strong back are much more important!
In return we can offer a double room and all meals, plus of course 3 days a week to explore this lovely part of Shropshire! We are an easy going, meat eating family and would welcome any helper to live with us for a week, a fortnight or longer.
Please message or email me for further details or to discuss.

tahir

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 05 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great opportunity for someone, I'd love to volunteer but me back's not what it used to be you know...

Mardu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 05 5:31 pm    Post subject: Help needed on organic veg plot Reply with quote

Which part of Shropshire are you in?
PB and myself are coming down in a couple of days househunting as we are selling our house at present. If we can't find anywhere we may have to rent a place with a field for our chickens.

hils

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 05 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will put the word around - if I didn't have a child I'd be there in a shot. Looked at your web site and it looks fab.

farmwoody

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 05 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PBs OH! Were in South Shropshire not far from Ludlow. When will you be down? If were around you'd be welcome to pop in and if I can help with the property hunt, you know local papers, private ads etc just let me know.
We rent so I'm pretty up on the rental market too, PM me if you like.
Hils, thankyou for the compliments re the website. We are very lucky to live here and we try to make the most of it and share it with other like minded peeps.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 05 8:26 am    Post subject: Help needed on an organic veg plot Reply with quote

Hi Farmwoody, we are staying near Presteigne on Wednesday and Thursday in a pub, (naturally chosen by PB). We've got properties lined up around Presteigne, Clun, Leominster etc but would love to look around your farm perhaps this Thursday?
Which would be the best time to visit assuming you're free that day?

Mardu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 05 8:30 am    Post subject: Help needed on an organic veg plot Reply with quote

Hi Farmwoody, we are staying near Presteigne on Wednesday and Thursday in a pub, (naturally chosen by PB). We've got properties lined up around Presteigne, Clun, Leominster etc but would love to look around your farm perhaps this Thursday?
Which would be the best time to visit assuming you're free that day?
Forgot to log on!

farmwoody

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 05 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pbs OH! So sorry to have missed this. I've just got back from a sneaky weekend at a fellow smallholders in France.
How did you get on with the house hunting? Let me know if I can help in any way.
So, noone fancies a week or twos smallholding in Shropshire?

farmwoody

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 05 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a very nice lad from Boston, USA joined us yesterday for a couple of weeks!
So now we're looking for help from Mid July, doesnt anyone fancy a practice run at smallholding?
Theres a double room going spare and as much home produced food as you can eat!

ButteryHOLsomeness

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 05 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

farmwoody, if you're farm is organic (doesn't have to be certified organic) you may wish to post on Willing workers on organic Farms..oops, i forgot they changed the acronym to World-Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms

https://www.wwoof.org/

you'll get people from all over the world taking an interest and you should be able to get help most of the year if you need it

ButteryHOLsomeness

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 05 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh just found this bit on the site

>>The WWOOF Independents list also includes locations which are not organic farms but yet which are in keeping with the general ethic of respect for the environment and the idea of an exchange of knowledge and expertise, food and accommodation in exchange for help on a voluntary basis. <<

https://www.wwoof.org/howworks.asp

just in case you aren't completely organic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive