links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
FAO Cab

Author 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 04 10:10 pm    Post subject: FAO Cab Reply with quote

Thanks for your article on winter foraging hun! I was starting to give up hope. I am soooo glad I am not the only nutter who is still picking crab apples off the ground and scraping the brown bits off. And another fan of chickweed!!! One of my favourites in salad - my neighbour caught me nibbling on a bit in the garden while i was doing the weeding, so embarrassing!

A question about the blewits - are you referring to wood or field blewits? We only have the wood ones round our way, and I haven't seen any for a fortnight, plus they're getting hard to spot in the leaf litter.

cab

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 04 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Field blewits specifically, but I left it open because you can find 'em both through the Winter with a bit of luck (I picked a brimming full basket of field blewits on Sunday, and had two coat pockets stuffed full with wood blewitswalking home from a friends house yesterday evening.

Cheers for feedback on the article. I'm also glad that I'm not the only nutter still foraging through winter!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive