Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
emergency question about incubation

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 05 7:12 pm    Post subject: emergency question about incubation Reply with quote

My husband brought home some duck eggs to incubate and limmediately put them into incubator, saying 28 days till incubation, but we have had them in there 12 hours and I realize we will be out of town on day 28 and would like to stretch this out to the following week. Will it harm the eggs to take them out after 12 hours in incubator and refrigerate for another 6 days before incubation or do we have to leave them in there now? It is July 1 at noon. PST. If I don't get an answer in next few hours, guess i will just have to figure something out.

pink bouncy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 05 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine that twelve hours of incubation is enough to get them started. If you switch off the incubator now and leave them for a week, your hatch rate will be very poor. I was given thirteen goose eggs that had been incubated by the goose for twelve (or so) hours before she left them to go cold. I incubated them and only two hatched.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive