links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Large fowl black minorca eggs for sale
Page 1, 2  Next

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 09 10:39 am    Post subject: Large fowl black minorca eggs for sale Reply with quote

I have excess (I mean loads) everyday of large fowl black minorca eggs, they are a terrific breed and lay large white eggs. They are large fowl birds and if you have excess cockerels they are ideal for eating. I am open to offers for 6 eggs, looking for around £3 as a starter, and p&p will be £4.50 first class.

I have had good success rates even with these going through the postal system.

Can provide other eggs like partridge and black wyandotte bantams, black scots dumpy bantams and light sussex x silver sussex bantams and plenty more will be available once they are laying on a more regular basis.

Bodger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 09 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief, there's a heck of a lot of cocks in the picture. I don't suppose you live within striking distance of North Wales do you ?

LadyFarmer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 09 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know believe it or not we only have 7 cocks to 20 hens!!!! I think when I took the photo the girls were having a day out

Also even though it doesn't look like it there is quite a large area for them to free range in as well.

We are based in South Ayrshire, so not that close unfortunately and I only tend to travel down to Cumbria and maybe Yorkshire a couple of times a year.

I can post without a problem, we have had good success rates with them going through the postal system as I pack them really well.

cassy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 09 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyFarmer wrote:
We are based in South Ayrshire

I'll be looking for chicken later this summer when we move onto our smallholding (near Castle Douglas) and you're the nearest person I've seen.

Do you sell birds (P.O.L. or older) as well and will you have any available in the summer?

Your black minorcas look lovely. How tough are they? I think I need something which will withstand the wind and rain as although I'll give them a sheltered area, we get plenty wind and rain! Was looking at black rocks but would prefer to get a local supplier.

LadyFarmer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 09 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cassy, yes we sell point of lay and older, we have black minorcas available now, in the summer we will have partridge, black and silver laced wyandottes, scots dumpy, pekin, light sussex x silver sussex all bantams though.

There will more than likely be a number of other breeds as well, so the best thing to do is pm me when you have moved into your smallholding.

The black minorcas are really quite tough, we have had no losses at all over winter and we have had a bad one, they were out in the snow as well which was their choice, have had loads of chicks and they are really robust when they come out too. We have plenty of wind and rain too, I think its a Scotland thing

cassy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 09 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyFarmer wrote:
the best thing to do is pm me when you have moved into your smallholding.

That sounds like the best plan. I can stop trawling the internet now looking for suppliers!

But it's no help at all with your current egg glut, sorry.

LadyFarmer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 09 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all, will have quite a lot available hopefully so look forward to hearing from you.

Guess my easter weekend will be spent baking

joanne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 09 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I love scots dumpies - they are really sweet - Very tempted by the Minorca's but don't have the room to bring the on the cockerels

LadyFarmer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 09 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scots dumpy eggs for sale too if you are interested, they are little crackers and very friendly too. Mine live very happily with guinea fowl and silver pheasants.

You could always sell or ftgh the cockerels on, Im sure it wouldn't be too hard for those interested on eating them, too many cockerels are always a problem, ours as you can see by the photo live happily together but they do have plenty of hens to go with them

Jo90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 09 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to PM you!

LadyFarmer

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 09 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are still available, excellent fertility rates and we hatched forty and have a good ration of hens to cockerels. Excellent egg layers and cockerels good for eating

Cathryn

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 09 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could anyone nearby please lend me an incubator. Seriously. I would love some of these bantams and have lost my broody hen.

chez

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 09 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, in a fortnight. AND I have a drawer thingy for you.

judith

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 09 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cathryn wrote:
Could anyone nearby please lend me an incubator. Seriously. I would love some of these bantams and have lost my broody hen.

I could loan you a broody.

Cathryn

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 09 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoohoo, you two are brilliant. Will I see you this weekend?

What's draw thingy for?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive