Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
British Lops

Author 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 05 11:10 pm    Post subject: British Lops Reply with quote

We are having some difficulty finding a breeder of the British Lop Pig. If anyone can help or knows of a contact who reg their stock could they please contact me.

We are after 3 weaners all female and all reg for breeding purposes. We want weaners so we can grow together and for them to be more approachable by our 3 year old son. We will be housing them in a John Henry ark until they need their own arks for piglet rearing. Will be fully reared outdoors in a 2.5 acre site. We would be looking to pick them up the week of 17th - 23rd Sept. We live near Brum off the M5, do not want to travel ideally more than 3 hours as we do not want to overload them with stress.

Any help appreciated as no one has contacted me from the Breed Society.

Bugs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 05 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assume you have tried here? https://www.countrysmallholding.com/content/resources/?id=832

My geography is terrible so I don't know if they are near enough for you.

I have just looked up an article that was in CS a couple of months ago but the only contacts they give are for the breed society and the RBST, I don't know if it would be worth trying the latter. I will PM you the names and email address of the writer from the magazine in the unlikely event you haven't seen it.

Debbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 05 12:14 pm    Post subject: British Lop Reply with quote

Try the smallicombe herd (they have their own web site) they are in Devon but not far from the M5. Ian and Maggie Todd breed Lop, middle white and berkshires and always have stock for sale. We got our registered Berkshire from them. Don't think the journey would be more than about three hours

judith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 05 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jammer (I think that's his name) who posts on here breeds British lops.

portwayfarm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 05 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to say thanks for all the pms I have had with regards contacts. I have managed to compile a list and have contacted a breeder. Big thanks to all xxxxx

Jammer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 05 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judith wrote:
jammer (I think that's his name) who posts on here breeds British lops.

Correct Judith Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive