Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Cherry Tomato Confit

Author 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 05 9:54 am    Post subject: Cherry Tomato Confit Reply with quote

Made this yesterday as I had just picked 1kg of cherry tomatoes and fancied making something a little different with it (I had picked another kg of plum tomatoes, courgettes and my first aubergine which went into a tomato and mediterranean veg sauce for the freezer)

Its from the Big Red Book of Tomatoes by Lindsey Bareham ISBN-0-140-26244-X

10 new-season garlic cloves,peeled
2 sprigs of thyme
1 tbsp brown sugar
6 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
500g cherry or baby plum tomatoes

Place everything except the tomatoes in a pan (I found I needed quite a big pan so that the tomatoes sat in a single layer on the bottom) and simmer gently for 10 minutes.

Add the tomatoes, which should be more or less submerged, cover the pan and leave to simmer very gently for 30 minutes. The garlic and tomatoes should be tender. Leave to cool then pour into sterilized jars and seal.

Will keep for several weeks in the fridge - serve with cold cuts of meat, pork pie or hard cheese. The vinaigrette makes a good salad dressing.

This made 3.5lbs and the smell was fantastic - you have to watch that the tomatoes don't disintegrate although inevitably some do.

Joanne

judith

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 05 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm. That sounds delicious. I don't think I would have to worry about it going off!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive