Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Office furniture

Author 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 09 11:06 pm    Post subject: Office furniture Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this post; Mods, please feel free to move it if necessary.

My place of work (NHS) are currently having a sale of office furniture that they no longer need. Usually, it would be scrapped, but it seems they're doing their bit for the planet and are recycling. Any proceeds will be split and donated to charities.

There is an awful lot of furniture available; desks (with and without drawers attached), filing cabinets, lockable metal cabinets, office chairs (desk swivel chairs, waiting room chairs, 'bucket' style chairs etc), and tables (round, square and rectangular).

Aside from the furniture, there are two sets of post-room weighing scales (from the look of them, they are suitable for parcels - heavy duty), and many boxes of tiles (various sizes and colours). The highest price for any of these items is just £6.

I know there aren't many Downsizers in the north, but thought I'd post anyway, just in case.

Even if you're personally not interested, if you have any ideas of charities that might want/need such items, please let me know. It seems such a shame to scrap perfectly good furniture.

If anyone is interested, please PM me. The sale ends on NYE, so collection of items would have to be made by then.

gil
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 09 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tay, nice to see you about again !

Sorry, don't need any furniture....

Tay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 09 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am often lurking here; I just don't seem to find the time to post.

Barefoot Andrew
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 09 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What gil said, on both counts
A.

Jo S

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 09 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, I am downsizing, so can't indulge my hobby of collecting furniture etc on the grounds that it might come in handy one day (it usually does).

marigold

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 09 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tay . All sorts of charities might be interested in the furniture. The Salvation Army, Emmaus and YMCA take furniture. Might also be worth contacting local papers, radio etc to publicise the sale.

gil
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 09 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also try small local youth groups, community centres/village halls, and womens refuges, especially for tables and chairs.

The office type furniture might be useful to small start-up businesses / young entrepreneurs / artists
Try the Princes Youth Business Trust, local Business Link / Enterprise Company, and buildings divided up into workshop space for artists/craftspeople

Tay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 09 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent - thanks for all of those ideas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive