Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Infra red lamp or similar heat source

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 05 9:39 pm    Post subject: Infra red lamp or similar heat source Reply with quote

Anyone got an infra red lamp languishing in the back of the garage? Ideally between me (Aberystwyth) and the Wernlas collection? Trying to think of something to barter with - are children or horses allowed? As they hatch chicks there every week and I am taking two children with me on Monday ... well need I say more!

I do have a swop if anyone is interested - several pine doors taken from a Victorian property in Aberystwyth - not an easy swop as they are rather large but... they have been sitting in a shed for several years now and could do with a new old home. I will have to check them - I think one or two were dipped and stripped. they will all be very grubby but should be sound.

Cathryn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 05 9:52 am    Post subject: Old Pine (late Victorian) doors Reply with quote

Should have changed the heading - old pine doors for swop. ( I would be quite happy if someone local wanted these - a swop for something would just be an added bonus)

judith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 05 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the whole lamp you need or just the bulb. If it is just the bulb, then I probably fit the bill - definitely around half-way between you and Wernlas. If it is any use to you, then you can have it for nothing!

judith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 05 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and the doors sound interesting too! Do you have the measurements?

Cathryn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 05 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the whole thing - but I will measure the doors today and have a proper look at them and let you know.

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 05 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might have one, I'll ask Gareth where we might have hidden it. His Gran used to use it to heat up her dodgy knee I think. Will confirm in a bit.

Cathryn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 05 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sally - have promised daughter that as soon as one of her hens goes broody... anyone want a cockerel??? specify breed now

Judith I have had a look at the doors- measurements all in inches cos thats how they would have been made.

door 1 32" x 79" four panels, painted. Looks a good solid if grubby door. there is a scratch on one of the top panels but i think it is superficial. Also there is a hole for a yale.
door 2 32 1/4 x 76 again painted.
door 3 75 x 32 painted
door 4 32 1/4 x 72 1/2 dipped and looks the worst as no care taken by dippers. With glue and clamps plus elbow grease to rub it down would be sound.
door 5 32 x 79 1/2 part stripped by myself to see what it was like. sound and solid.

Hope they fit somewhere - they never did for me - very annoying. Somebody did take some and cut them down for their kitchen.

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 05 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry m'dear, he says its already been rehomed, plus apparently it would have been too strong (well, 'instant roast chick curry' was what he said but I thought I wouldnt repeat that )

Cathryn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 05 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wouldn't have gone down well with daughter might have been useful for the cockerels though. thank you for checking. I know one will turn up sooner or later - or Christmas is coming. (Ooops sorry said that word)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive