Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
TV- name of downsizer programme? (cable/satellite only)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Author 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 05 10:33 am    Post subject: TV- name of downsizer programme? (cable/satellite only) Reply with quote

Description = *extremely* posh London bloke (with precision sideburns, a pink shirt and a beret!) downsizes to deepest Wales, lives in a small cottage, gets some chickens, makes a small veggie plot and then ??

This is a bit of a long shot as I'm pretty sure it was only shown on cable and satellite, maybe on one of the Discovery channels a few months ago, did anyone see it /remember what happenned/ remember it's name as I only caught two episodes and I want to know what happenned and now I can't find it in the listings.

mrsnesbitt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 05 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know about that....
but I do know about this...

https://www.frenchentree.com/fe-downshifting/

This is a site to mark and follow....we are going to be hearing from this hot chick in the near future!

You heard it from moi!

Penny Outskirts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 05 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to buy the farmhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracey Smith

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 05 1:53 pm    Post subject: I think I know the one... Reply with quote

...did he have a goat too and was really in at the sharp end of learning, as in, he didn't have a clue

If it's the same one, I think it was a 6 month project or thereabouts, so see how he got on with simple living. At the end, I seem to remember he went back to London and just picked up where he left off, hopefully richer in spirit for the experience.

Haven't heard anything else of him or any permanent life changes.

If anyone else has, I would be interested to hear.

Thanks Denise for mentioning the website, although I have probably switched my focus to the National Downshifting Week website, www.DownshiftingWeek.com to be honest.

There is a news page and you can register to get occasional updates and important messages - trust me, I won't bombard you!

The 'plans' you mentioned are coming along well, slowly but well and I promise to put news on the website and also let you know here when I have anything chunky to report...

mrsnesbitt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 05 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ele

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 05 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: I think I know the one... Reply with quote

Tracey Smith wrote:
...did he have a goat too and was really in at the sharp end of learning, as in, he didn't have a clue

If it's the same one, I think it was a 6 month project or thereabouts, so see how he got on with simple living. At the end, I seem to remember he went back to London and just picked up where he left off, hopefully richer in spirit for the experience.

Haven't heard anything else of him or any permanent life changes.

The goat must have been in a later episode but that sounds like the same programme, thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive