Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Whatever Next.....
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Author 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 08 3:10 pm    Post subject: Whatever Next..... Reply with quote

I'm lost for words.....

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/7413434.stm

marigold

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 08 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems everyone else is too . Madness innit?

OP

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 08 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A North Wales Police spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that we received a complaint that plastic chairs were stolen from a recycling centre on 2 May."

If the police received a complaint then I guess they must investigate ... surely the real problem is the person who made the complaint - he or she is basically wasting police time.

Sherbs

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 08 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this and was similarly boggled.

How unbelievably stupid and petty and unneccessary can you get than charging someone with theft for removing a servicable item from a skip?

@Calli

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 08 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unattended skips here tend to get filled with broken patio chairs not emptied

What a ridiculous waste of tax payers money.......

Slim

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 08 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been more than warned for my dumpster diving, and you folks are getting DNA samples taken!

Brownbear

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 08 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangepippin wrote:
"A North Wales Police spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that we received a complaint that plastic chairs were stolen from a recycling centre on 2 May."

If the police received a complaint then I guess they must investigate ... surely the real problem is the person who made the complaint - he or she is basically wasting police time.

When I reported catching poachers they didn't investigate.

When I phoned them after seeing a crusty breaking into someone's car and stealing a jacket, saying I could identify him and knew where he'd taken it, they put the phone down on me.

jamsam

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 08 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpg03 wrote:
I've never been more than warned for my dumpster diving, and you folks are getting DNA samples taken!

yep..and you have to apply to a judge to have them removed from the police dtabase.my friends 11 yr old son is on the database after he was cautioned for climbing a tree....

jamsam

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 08 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownbear wrote:
orangepippin wrote:

When I reported catching poachers they didn't investigate.

When I phoned them after seeing a crusty breaking into someone's car and stealing a jacket, saying I could identify him and knew where he'd taken it, they put the phone down on me.

i had a Beaver sleepover once where three young men broke into the hall where myself and 30 kids under 8 were sleeping, there were 3 male leaders and two female plus myself, we chased them off and kept holdo f one but the police never came! we let him go after i sat on him for a n hour, i think thatwas punishment enough!

vegplot

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 08 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamsam wrote:
cpg03 wrote:

yep..and you have to apply to a judge to have them removed from the police dtabase.my friends 11 yr old son is on the database after he was cautioned for climbing a tree....

Never accept a caution unless you really have to. It stays with you for life and can affect job prospects, firearms applications etc. Very difficult to get rid of if you do get one.

judith

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 08 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegplot wrote:
Never accept a caution unless you really have to. It stays with you for life and can affect job prospects, firearms applications etc. Very difficult to get rid of if you do get one.

What do you mean by that - can you refuse to accept one? I'd assumed it would be issued and you couldn't do anything about it. And what would be the ramifications of not accepting?

jamsam

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 08 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you refuse a caution i think they have to take the matter further and proceed with court..but you could then have it thrown out and removed from the records if you win.

im really not sure as i managed to avoid the police almost entirely whilst growing up...

vegplot

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 08 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

judith wrote:
vegplot wrote:

What do you mean by that - can you refuse to accept one? I'd assumed it would be issued and you couldn't do anything about it. And what would be the ramifications of not accepting?

A caution is a way for the police not to persue a prosecution, for them and the CPS it can save a lot of time and effort especially for relatively minor offences. A lot of people don't realise what a caution is (some assume it's just a ticking off). A caution if differnt to an interview caution.

If you refuse a caution then it's likely you will be prosecuted. Before a caution can be given the the offender must admit the offence. If you refuse to admit the offence then you cannot be cautioned.

"In order to safeguard the offender's interests, the following conditions must be met before a caution can be administered

there must be evidence of guilt sufficient to give a realistic prospect of conviction;

the offender must admit the offence;

the offender must understand the significance of a caution and give informed consent to being cautioned.
"

There's a bit more info here

https://www.yourrights.org.uk/faqs/criminal-records/is-a-caution-in-a-criminal-record.shtml

judith

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 08 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation.

vegplot wrote:
A lot of people don't realise what a caution is (some assume it's just a ticking off). A caution if differnt to an interview caution.

I must admit, that's what I had always thought it was.

mochyn

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 08 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off to look up Freeconomy...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive