Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
the bear, the woods, there was confusion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Author 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 21 7:07 am    Post subject: the bear, the woods, there was confusion Reply with quote

it ruins the saying relating to bears, popes with reference to ecumenical and location data

i cannot be fun to be bitten by a bear but if it must happen it might as well be funny

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 21 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a friend who was terrified of rats in the toilet, but that is rather an odd one. Thank goodness we don't (often) have wildlife like that in the UK. As you say, funny, but could have been serious, and must have been rather scary.

sgt.colon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 21 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's a bit bit different.

I thought bears hibernated though?

dpack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 21 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the screaming when "wookie" surprised a bat in a sh##pit was only at human frequencies to me, i recon the bat was probably more upset than he was

Ty Gwyn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 21 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bear/Bare arse cheek,lol.

Slim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 21 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgt.colon wrote:
Well that's a bit bit different.

I thought bears hibernated though?

They do, but it's not a full "wake me up in May" kind of thing.
They'll go out in search of food if it's warm, and southern Alaska was warmer than texas recently

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 21 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did say that in the article. Not really surprising that Alaska was warmer than Texas, as it was very cold there recently.

Has the cold weather come as far north as you Slim? They said it was going north.

Weather here yesterday decided to be quite spring like. Had to take our jackets off while cutting birch yesterday.

Slim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 21 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh we were consistently getting down to about 4 F in the evenings, but that's normal here. (We're actually expected to soon get some daytime highs above freezing for the first time in a while and some cloudy nights which will keep us in the 20s)

I didn't really pay attention to how cold it got there, because the issue in Texas is just that they're not used to prolonged periods of below freezing weather (and the underlying corruption and greed in the government and the privatized utilities sector that refused to prepare for weather that's rare but certainly not unheard of) so it doesn't really matter if they get down to 20 F or 0 F, they're roads become unpassable, their heating systems run fill tilt (if they have power), their water lines freeze, etc....

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 21 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that was the main problem. Every so often we get more than a few inches of snow in the southern part of the UK which causes some problems. I have heard that if you have really bad snow, you just accept that you are not going to be able to fly until the airport is clear, but when Heathrow got so much snow one year they had nowhere to put it, the Prime Minister got extremely silly about it, claiming this never happened in New York etc. which I understand it does.

One February I had to stay in Avignon and the hotel was built for heat not cold. I ended up having to wear a jumper in bed. Not so extreme, but shows how catering for different temperatures makes a difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive