Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
win 10 cortana post aniversary update

Author 

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 20 12:08 pm    Post subject: win 10 cortana post aniversary update Reply with quote

i tried it when i got the machine, not very useful but potentially useful so i toggled it to off
that was fine

post update that button has gone

from what i have learnt so far i can either almost turn it off by a few rather complex moves that are not as effective as the off toggle,
or i can strip it out of registry,, in a fairly complex process(with a variety of possible outcomes)

thanks for updating my "far too deep for comfort"knowledge MS, and for being that intrusive in a pretty sinister set of ways, and i spose cluttering up the machine when it could be getting on with what i ask it to do.

what have you folk done with the intrusive critter?

ps this last update (and their patch for it cos it went wrong for too many folk) is the sort of thing that made me migrate to linux

if i could run this machine and the progs i need to run via linux /wine i would strip out 10 and have no more of MS being "helpful" or "a bit dodgy" delete as appropriate

anyone done that with a hardcore beast of a MS integrated system?

dpack

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 20 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pps that update also messed a bunch of other stuff as well which i have, perhaps, remedied

dpack

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 20 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you think of this advice ?

dpack

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 20 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have tamed it(and nailed a few useless/difficult bits of MS carp while i was at it), so far, but it still lurks and it needs a cage if more robust measures are a bit rash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive