Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
shed question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 07 9:56 am    Post subject: shed question Reply with quote

we need to get a shed soon as poss, the business is taking over the house room by room and we need somewhere to store tents, stalls, tables etc have found this on ebay

First Shed Link

and this one

Second Shed Link

are they good deals ? we only need a dry storage area, that we could maybe put a washing machine in as well, having never bought a shed before i have no idea whats worth it or what isnt, or if anyone can either put me onto better deals or build one for a good price asap we are interested lol
martin

(Edited by a Link Fairy to shorten the links )

Jonnyboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 07 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

metal shed for £320.00?

pookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 07 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BOTT

do you have one of the Focus stores near you that have been bought out by Homebase? If so you can get a bargain, at least 50% off

We went yesterday expecting to get 10% off as was advertised all over the front of the store, but when you actually ask how much the items are they knock off 51% at the tills. We bought a small wendy house (for our geese ) which should have been £129 we actually paid less than £64. They had several other sheds too!

Anyone who is doing a home improvement project can save a bomb.

LynneA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 07 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We spent four days trying to buy a shed from B&Q. I won't go into the details but it was a nightmare. But it was much cheaper than anywhere else and because of the assorted problems we got a 20% discount.

What about a disused shipping container? I saw someone advertising them recently.

n

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 07 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you go to Business Gateway or Business Link, they tell you all about tax and business plans and ask "Where are you getting the finance from?"
But no-one ever says

Q "How big, exactly is a 20kg box of undyed yarn?
A "About the size of a washing machine."

Q "How many boxes will you need to have in stock?"
A " Eight, one each of four kinds of yarn, plus another four of fibre for spinning, plus three full of yarn ready to post or in transit between dyepot and website."

Q "Packing materials? Dyes?
A "Another washing machine, plus the top surface of two washing machines to pack on."

Q "Workspace?
A "Four metres of worktop. Preferably permanently set up and not in the kitchen, so that people can make a sandwich or a cup of tea, or dinner, even."

Q "Other equipment?"
A "Not much. Three sinks, so a shed is no use because the pipes will freeze, and they need proper plumbing. And an extra washing whirly thing because it will be in constant use."

Q "So that's twelve washing machines, five metres of worktop, plumbing, three sinks...."
A "....And a desk."

So much for working from home....

n

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 07 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin, we've had a small shed manufacturer in Cardiff recommended to us, they are up in Ely on the industrial estate. Apparently you tell them what you want and they build it for you, and are realy fast, really cost effectivce and use thicker timber than most of the DIY places

Northern_Lad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 07 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sally_in_wales wrote:
...we've had a small shed manufacturer in Cardiff recommended to us, they are up in Ely ...

I thought Ely was in Cambridgeshire.

sally_in_wales
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 07 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern_Lad wrote:
sally_in_wales wrote:
...we've had a small shed manufacturer in Cardiff recommended to us, they are up in Ely ...

I thought Ely was in Cambridgeshire.

I think there is more than one Ely

Jon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 07 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin, had a really good quality shed from these people a few years back, not like the rubbish from the DIY stores.

https://www.quality-garden-buildings.co.uk/

saw them at Pugh's Garden Centre, Morganstown, Cardiff, just off the A470 not far from Taffs Well, they have a display section there.

they can make sheds to your own spec too.

dpack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 07 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ask rob ,the new structure at rosewood is a top quality shed

Green Rosie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 07 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say go for a good one if you can afford to - cheap DIY ones are usually cheap for a good reason and no-one wants to be putting up another shed in a couple of years time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive