About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Good (or not) Abattoir guide - Version 4
Page Previous  1, 2

Author 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 13 2:12 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote    

I was at Griffiths with 2 pigs on Tues 29th. As always, they were fine. It didn't happen to me this time but in the past I've been there when it's "time for a break". It can be a bit disconcerting when everyone downs tools for 20 minutes

I've only ever had 2 animals butchered there and whilst the quality of the butchery couldn't be faulted, there were a few "bits" missing when I got home. A tenderloin was particularly annoying!

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 13 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

perlogalism wrote:
there were a few "bits" missing when I got home. A tenderloin was particularly annoying!

That's the price you pay for Nick having delicious pies.

Nick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 13 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

perlogalism wrote:
I was at Griffiths with 2 pigs on Tues 29th. As always, they were fine. It didn't happen to me this time but in the past I've been there when it's "time for a break". It can be a bit disconcerting when everyone downs tools for 20 minutes

I've only ever had 2 animals butchered there and whilst the quality of the butchery couldn't be faulted, there were a few "bits" missing when I got home. A tenderloin was particularly annoying!

I had to have my cutting list discussion in the tea room. Something slightly out of the ordinary about being surrounded by a dozen burly men, in very blood stained aprons, with a variety of massive chopping things, grabbing sausage butties first thing in the morning.

Nick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 13 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

They've just rung. 139kg.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive